View Single Post
Old 24th April 2019, 09:18 AM

My best mate in Primary School had a Commodore 64!
Used to take about half an hour to load anything from it's tape drive - I think the 5 1/4" drive came out later and was very expensive!
We used to play Airwolf on it!
I had to make do with a Tandy/Radio Shack 4x4 remote control truck! Still have it in fact! I bet my mate doesn't still have his Commodore 64!

Our first computer was an Apple IIe! We bought a memory expansion card for it which doubled its memory from 64kB to 128kB! I played around with Basic a little bit, but wasn't really into programming. I mainly used it for schoolwork and games - remember Load Runner? Or was that Lode Runner?!

As for the car, I think it was an Opel name. Certainly followed Opel naming conventions from the 70's - Senator, Admiral, Diplomat etc.
I don't know why we didn't simply call it Carlton. It was all new to us in 1978, and the first generation was pretty similar to the Carlton, but with local engines (two 6's and two V8's), suspension and interior materials carried over from the Kingswood models.
HSV even used the Senator name plate from the early 90's.

Marty

Replacement head coming arrived thanks to MJ
Silver with Black interior. All features as the '01, with the 'S' mode auto shifter. Dodgey rear tint (need to find a way to get rid of that).
Family:
2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R Design
- has a louder more obnoxious exhaust than the S8, sounds great! Love this thing - Q7 was double the price, and certainly not double the car!

Sold:
1997 Audi A4
- Hamilton's Club Sport, Achat Grey (will miss the old girl)