View Single Post
Old 24th April 2019, 07:31 PM

Well, mine is still not repaired.

However, I did move and wash it a couple of weeks ago. Rear of the car sits at a good height and front is on the deck.

I now have a replacement strut, I opted for a refurbed one rather than going second hand. It was shipped from Germany, it looks good however I have not yet had it fitted so cannot vouch for quality.

Not sure I am going to attempt to fit it myself yet, I did look at the bolts and I am not sure the control arm bolt will come out easily, along the lower one. The big problem is that if the bolts shear off or will not undo then I do not have the facilities to deal with that and I could be left with an even more stranded car.

I need to try and save some money again, I only have a temp low paid job until mid July, so may have to sell the car as is with the replacement part.

MOT is due at the end of July and its hardly been used since the last one, she needs a cambelt and oil change, I simply have no spare money at all to spend on the old girl and the lack of use I am sure is doing it no good at all.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles

Last edited by mannyo; 24th April 2019 at 07:43 PM.