View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2019, 11:15 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Agreed (about the overstated styling).

The thing is, virtually every car has overstated styling now, right down to the smallest 1.0L shopping carts. The result is that sporty styling has been normalised meaning that, where it is justified, it no longer stands out.

Understated is the new overstated.

On a related note: Is it just me or do D2s get noticed a LOT more now? I mean, in my 9 years of ownership, I've always had strangers notice my S8, often stopping to pass a compliment or ask me about it. But lately it's like every time I go out in the car. I can't even stop for fuel any more without someone stopping me to talk about it. I wonder if D2s now stand out more, given that almost everything else on the road has the same overstated looks.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 22nd August 2019 at 11:23 AM.