View Single Post
Old 16th November 2012, 10:51 AM

Hi Jake,

I'd assume you have the same bulb set-up as mine, mines a PF model? The bulbs (sidelight, dipped beam, main beam and fog) are all within the headlight unit, correct? If that's the case then your main and dipped beams are H1 and HB3 bulbs, I fitted them.

I tried for the same thing you're looking for, a brighter level of lighting without going down the Xenon/HID route, just a change-out of the bulbs. I tried Ring XENON Ultima +120% bulbs, after looking at the options, and they were exactly the same as standard, so don't bother with those. I asked the supplier about Osram Night Breakers (a mate at work swears by them, but he drives a Ford, so not such a surprise ) and the bloke answering my call said he'd replaced his Night Breakers with the XENON +120's and these were much better?!? I can only assume that standard Audi bulbs are therefore decent and an upgrade is required, though I'm sure others can enlighten us?

Just trying to save you making the same mistakes I did, happy hunting!

Ronnie

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra