View Single Post
Old 28th April 2017, 06:19 PM

Not that easy unfortunately.
A resistor in series would prevent the short circuit LED affecting the rest of the circuit (I have taken a link from the LH reverse light feed to operate my non-OEM camera) but would decrease the voltage available for the LED when working correctly.
The extra resistor/bulb idea is to wire in parallel with the LED to fool the ECU into thinking that it is a normal bulb. The ECU thinks the lamp is open circuit because the LED draws much less current than the correct filament bulb.
I use a parallel bulb in my sidelights for this and hide the extra bulb behind the headlight reflector. This has a problem if the LED fails open circuit you do not know without checking the lights the old fashioned way (walking round the car). If the LED dies short circuit then you have the type of problem I have now. The reverse light is a more major job 'cos you have to drop the boot lid lining etc. to get at it.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)