View Single Post
Old 8th June 2021, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
I think the inlet manifold uses a foamed silicone or PU seal. There was a write-up of it on Audizine a few years back I think. Its not particularly easy to replicate, although you can buy foamed silicone sealing cord in various sizes which might do the job. Its rare for an S8 manifold to seize up actually, since the mechanism inside is different to the A8 version. Usually if it gets tight its just the spindles at the front, so you may be able to free it off without splitting it.

It might be worth making a start on that now so that you have time to source whatever is needed to put it back together again whilst doing everything else.
That's interesting - I'll have a shot at that first. It's on the work bench, so a nice evening task. 'Threebond' was referenced in the article I saw.
I think it might be this article https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...ifold-2966139/

There is another in-depth article, but the links to it are broken, and I've not yet found my way to it manually.

In the spirit of keeping it simple, I'll try my best to see if I can get rid of the sticking without splitting it open.