View Single Post
Old 26th August 2012, 09:40 AM

This is what the guy who built it said -

Citroen Cx 25 DTR Trubo 2 Kitesurf

I built this car myself as a bit of a technical challenge. Being a kitesurfer who lives in London I wanted; a) a good motorway cruiser to get to the 'nearest' beach, b) something a bit different (without ending up looking like a flourescent flared-wheel-arched chav, c) a load space to dump all my kites and surf boards in and d) an open top for summer days (although I still take it out in the depths of winter - just turn up the heater blower and as long as you stay above 65mph you don't even get wet in torrential rain - been there many times!)

The hard top cover is merely a temporary cover for the first year shakedown - currently MDF (but my sprayer did a damn hot job on it and you'd never guess from the outside) and will be replaced by a hydraulically lifted GRP one next summer. The photo from the show with the 'lid' propped open (very technically using a broom handle) was just done because alot of people wanted to look at the welding job inside - it wasn't an advertising stunt and the recessed emblem is a kitesurfing logo I fancied rebating into the otherwise massively flat lid, again just as a technical challenge.

For the sceptics, I've so far done 3500 miles in it at up to 95mph and it runs as sweet as a CX should - although the turbo diesel does sound typcially agricultural at tickover - but boy that turbo whine certain makes up for it later on! The body has no more flex than an original four door version (have owned many) and the body shows no cracks or deformation.

try this for a few better shots -

http://photobucket.com/images/citroen%20cx%20kitesurf/

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs