View Single Post
Old 27th January 2019, 10:42 AM

As MJ says, the controller is in the boot, above the battery. I have a photo of it somewhere, but can't find it. It is posted on here on the forum, but it's a black plastic box maybe 10x5 inches in size and about an inch thick, with some heavy cables coming from it. There are also a few fuses just above it, though not sure if they are relevant.

As to the screen itself, I believe there are four connections to it. One in each bottom corner (can't find that photo either), which you can maybe see in the gap between the dashboard and the A-pillar. The top two you can see if you remove the lighting module up by the mirror.

EDIT: Found the picture of the module in the boot:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HeatedScreen.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	20793   Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_heatedwindscreenmodule.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	20794  

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds

Last edited by steamship; 27th January 2019 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Added photo