View Single Post
Old 7th February 2019, 05:24 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

I've just had a dig through my old fault code notes and garage invoices because I've had a number of different ABS faults over the years and that code sounded familiar ...

I have a record of exactly the same fault code, dated September 2013:

Quote:
VAG-COM Version: Release 311.2-N

Control Module Part Number: 4D0 907 389 E
Component and/or Version: ABS/ESP allrad D57
Software Coding: 08397
Work Shop Code: WSC 00640
1 Fault Found:
01119 - Gear Recognition Signal
35-10 - - - Intermittent
The next fault code record I have is from December the same year:
Quote:
VAG-COM Version: Release 311.2-N

Control Module Part Number: 4D0 907 389 E
Component and/or Version: ABS/ESP allrad D57
Software Coding: 08397
Work Shop Code: WSC 00640
3 Faults Found:
01119 - Gear Recognition Signal
35-10 - - - Intermittent
01422 - Hydraulic Pump for Electronic Stability Program (V156)
28-00 - Short to B+
18256 - Please check DTC Memory of Engine Controller
P1848 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
I'm not 100% sure that the secondary faults were related to the first but, if I remember correctly, I had no work done to rectify the fault between September and December because it was a very intermittent fault initially. The fault got progressively more frequent, to the point that the ABS warning light would come on even on short journeys, which is when I booked it into the garage.

In my case it turned out to be a faulty ABS pump. Hopefully your fault might turn out to be something else David (because a new pump is a tad expensive, IIRC). I'm fairly certain I had no further work done after replacing the pump and that none of the above fault codes returned.

It's possible that some of the fault codes are common to different ABS faults of course and you may experience different symptoms. When my ABS pump started to fail, the symptoms I experienced were similar to that of an iffy ABS sensor, in that it would randomly trigger the ABS light, particularly during braking. Initially it was very infrequent and only after driving for a good 20 minutes or more. Whenever the fault occurred, I could immediately reset the ABS light (by stopping and turning the ignition off-on) and it would usually stay off for another 20mins or more.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust