View Single Post
Old 7th February 2019, 06:36 PM

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.
It is the large red "Fault in Brake System" (the red circle with "brake pads" and exclamation mark inside) warning that comes on. I've just taken the 8 out again to check a few things out.
1. The warning cuts in on acceleration when the revs hit around 3800/4000 (in Auto) but before it changed down a gear. It happens 8 or 9 times out of 10.
2. It happened less when i switched to Tiptronic - but still did occur 1 in 5 times.
3. There is no yellow fault light.
4. Due to my accelerating runs there were times when I had to brake a tad harshly and i'm not sure that ABS is actually working. A couple of times I locked one or more wheels and there was none of the usual ABS pedal feedback.

Not yet keen to get the F125 removed (I cannot do it on the driveway) and then drill it apart! It shouldn't have failed in two years..... but it does look like it may be the culprit

PS. having cleared the DTCs this afternoon I'll check tomorrow what they say after tonight's run..

Last edited by David's8; 7th February 2019 at 06:39 PM. Reason: added PS