View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2018, 10:48 AM

Default How to improve FM reception

My FM reception is pretty wonky and I'm wondering how to tackle this. Now in an ideal world I would like to keep the RNS-D unit and the original look but I also want to be able to stream music and get half decent FM reception!

I don't want a DAB radio as I want to keep the stock look. I know FM will be switched off one day but I've been saying that since 2006!

Now my car phone aerial is held on with Duck tape so would a new FM aerial there do the trick? I might get rid of the phone bits as I don't have the actual phone and I believe I could get a Parrot type bluetooth thing in the armrest and keep the stock look. And yes, I understand the 'inconsistency' in wanting to keep the stock look and binning the phone bits!

Just desperately want to avoid an android unit as I like the original look of the interior.

Yes, I don't have a clue!

2002 D2 S8 - Avus Silver, Valcona red leather, Dark Myrtle wood inserts, Heated rear seats, Heated windscreen, Auto dim rear view mirror, Bose, Xenon Plus, Servotronic, Extended leather, Heat & UV Reflective glass & Ski hatch. Gearbox went bang but she's sleeping safely away.