View Single Post
Old 25th October 2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27litres View Post
Excuse my ignorance Goran, if you've posted something on this before - though I did just go back through a lot of your old threads.

Judging by your exhaust pictures, your gearbox looks to be a manual.

As it is UK registered, I'm assuming it's RHD (I know that's not strictly necessary in the UK).
So do you have a conversion thread?

What pedal box was used to add the clutch?
What master cylinder was used to add the reservoir the clutch system etc...??
Yes I gave in and sold my RHD S8 to buy a LHD manual
The RHD to manual conversion is not dead yet though, I gave my converted pedal box model, and pedal to fit RHD manual to Mike, the most recent news I heard is that he took it to his machinist who is going to make the custom pedal box. I gave him the master cylinder too, which is just a stock Audi A4 metal master cylinder. The pedal box is just a stock RHD A8 or S8 pedal box. It has plenty of room on the pedal pivot shaft for a Clutch pedal. My design is simply an additional aluminium casting or machined part to bolt or weld onto the stock RHD pedal box so that a factory master cylinder like the A4 cyliner can be used for easy replacement.

Here is the thread with some pictures of the wooden mock up pedal and master cylinder bracket. The pedal would need to be changed a bit to give more room for the foot where the rubber pad is. The stock LHD pedal is an aluminium casting so there is no problem to machine the RHD clutch pedal out of aluminium.

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthrea...=pedal&page=10

Last edited by Goran; 25th October 2016 at 08:49 AM.