View Single Post
Old 28th November 2022, 10:09 AM

Hi bud

Mine is still entirely standard - apart from a factory ECU map change to the engine due to fitting an updated PCV, and the gearbox map had to be changed when the mecatronics threw a wobbly (the kit Audi now sell to resolve this fault includes a couple of new valves as well as the boards and wiring that frequently fail)

I did look to get Revo on the S8 when I originally got it (and decided it wasn’t worth it). Having used TC before for my old B5 era Passat I took it there for them to read the stock ECU. They’re a reputable outfit (and can’t recall why I stopped using them but think it was just the distance and lack of loan cars)

The obvious choice for a map would be MRC. I’d always favour a map that’s tweaked to the individual vehicle rather than a generic one. Worth noting the B8 is tuned for 95 fuel and there’s no appreciable benefit to running it on 98 with the standard map. I’d defo be asking the question of any mapping outfit over which fuel it’s being mapped to use, and if it’s 98 whether it’s ‘safe’ on 95. Given the lack of range with these cars (I’m nearly always looking for a fuel station after 200 miles) there’s some significant cost implications for having to use 98……

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC