View Single Post
Old 28th March 2018, 08:48 AM

A win for you! Glad to hear they saw sense, accepted responsibility and looked after you with replacing the part.

If it's pretty conclusive that they have caused the fault, then a main dealer will usually rectify the problem. This is a premium brand after all and we are fairly loyal customers and enthusiasts but certainly don't appreciate being ripped off and treated like fools.

My local dealer (Chelmsford Audi) completely messed up my S8 doing some recall work a couple of years ago but refused to accept responsibility for any of the problems and were really digging their heals in. I got nowhere when I raised a complaint with Audi UK as well. The only option was going to be taking them to court but as a desperate last resort I found the director of Audi UK's email address and fired off a long email to him explaining the situation. He called me personally within an hour of me pressing send and my case was then handled by his team, they authorised just over £2,700 of repair work and everything was excellent from that point on but I have vowed to never have anything to do with Chelmsford Audi again, I am instead happy to drive the extra 20 miles to Southend Audi for anything now. Unfortunately they are still part of the Essex Audi group but knowledge, competence and customer service are everything. Chelmsford Audi have none of these attributes, but I digress.

It's a flagship car and you are taking it to a main dealer for repair/service work. If you can't expect perfect service there, then there is no hope for the brand.
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8