Thread: Wanted: D3 A8
View Single Post
Old 15th January 2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete-p View Post
Welcome to the forum, at least you are in the right place for advice on an '8.

I know what you are saying about the miles but it would be better to consider average miles per year rather than actual current mileage. If the car is nearly 10 years old then an average of ~13k miles would push it closer to 120k than under 100k.

Good luck with your search though, I hope you find what you are looking for
Thanks for the welcome.

I know what you are saying regarding the average mileage. My problem is more with the miles I will be putting on the car, than what are currently on it. And thus what it does, not necessarily to its value, I can live with that. But to its desirability. And ability to sell.

While I am sure there is a market for 12 year old luxo-barges with over 160k on them, I suspect the actual point where people really lose interest is closer to 130-140k.

I have, however, decided that my budget doesn't quite get what I am looking for. So I am arranging a cheap second car just now, until I gather the required funds, in a few months, to up the budget a little. Then, of course, I will be ever closer to the bottom of the barrel of D4 / D3 S8 ownership. Which might be too much of a draw to not wait a few months more.