View Single Post
Old 7th August 2017, 07:15 PM

That Senator, same colour as the one I had (1988). I agree, one of the best car's I've had. It's worth repeating how similar they are to the D3's. Just look at it against your signature picture
I bought a Mk 1 Astra GTE for one of our salesmen (don't ask). Strewth it flew, but you had to keep it screaming. Massive fun for sprinting about but I think not the best for distances.
Both the Senator and GTE had digital dash boards which were panned in every review I saw. I liked them, they were clear and delivered what you needed to know. You could switch between MPH & KPH by holding down, I think it was, the trip reset button. Discreetly putting it into KPH was a great way of winding up unsuspecting passengers.
SWMBO had a Cavalier 2.0i CD 1990. Another good car. Very comfy, cruised effortlessly @ 90 all day. And, despite what all the reviews said, It could take being chucked round the corners. A bit of a Jekyll & Hyde

Last edited by tonupkid; 7th August 2017 at 07:20 PM.