View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:31 AM

Actually looking at your pic there, it doesn't look like the adaptor casting is far different. Going by the parts manual it looked much shorter and canted off to and angle to clear the handbrake drum. Perhaps it is just the internal shaft that is different, or mine has possibly already been machined to alter it for the lt95. Looks factory though as I completely dis-assembled it to make up a drawing to manufacture a sleeve. I need the splined end about 1-1 1/2" closer to the gearbox. The end of the mainshaft doesn't reach the roller bearing in the PTO shaft and obviously the sleeve for the dog clutch just falls off the end. There is a shoulder behind the big bearing on the PTO just after the circlip slot that locates the inner side of the bearing. The diameter reduces at this shoulder. My plan is to make a sleeve fitting over this smaller diameter which the bearing can then run on, with a new circlip slot for location and probably a grub screw for rotational location although I might machine splines instead. theres not a huge amount of metal to play with though. This will let me move the whole assembly forward while still allowing me to return the pump back to lt95 spec.

Yeah I said the winch was complete, but you're right enough i am missing the freewheel lever. Something else i need to fab up or locate. I had forgotten about that. The freewheel dog actually rust in place when its not moved for while. I have thought about drilling and tapping to allow a grease nipple to be put in place.