Thread: Start/Stop ...
View Single Post
Old 11th November 2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutherland View Post
I had exactly the same problem with my car and VCDS reported that battery monitoring was not working, so I checked the connections at the battery and sure enough the little plug was broken and knocked off. I managed to fix it myself, so it's worth having a look under the spare wheel. The location of the connector is a model of bad design as it is a fragile connector almost bound to get broken whenever anyone removes the spare wheel, which you need to do to get the locking wheel nut.

One thing I find most annoying about this model is the way that it is almost impossible to bring the car to a smooth stop. No matter how hard I try it always jerks or rocks back when you come to be stationary. This seems like something to do with the start stop or gearbox programming. Not quite as bad as the lurch that afflicted Jaguars and BMWs with ZF 6 speed gearboxes, but nonetheless it's unacceptable.
When you first start the engine its definately a bit lumpy, after its warmed up it seems ok to me. Maybe your brakes need looking at?

Its interesting when the engine restarts after a stop/start it does seem to clatter a bit, more than I would have expected ...