View Single Post
Old 18th April 2020, 08:53 PM

Quick update.

The BOSE speakers arrived on friday, and I've done all the doors so far. The swap was as easy as it could be, rip off the door panel, unhook and unscrew the speaker, then screw back on the new speaker, hook it up and attach the door panel. Done in 15 minutes on each door.

The tweeters on top of the dash gave me a little bit more work, as the connection plug doesn't fit. Also, I see on the std tweeter there is a 4,7 µF to take away the bass, but there is non on the BOSE speaker. Making med think it could be a crossover hidden somewhere where the cables to the door woofer and the tweeter separates for the BOSE speakers? Well, if so, sending full range to the woofer doesn't matter much but I'm not feeling good about doing the same with the tweeter. There isn't much power in the std amp, but a tweeter is not built to play bass. Another surprise is that using a 4,7 µF together with a 4 ohm tweeter means it will start rolling off at 8k Hz. That is very high roll-off in my opinion, so I think I will use a 10 µF with the BOSE tweeter and see how it sounds. Luckily I have some good quality caps laying around from earlier speaker jobs.

And, haven't done anything with the subwoofer yet. Need to see some videos on how to gain access first.
S8 anti-roll bars front and rear
Complete rear LED taillight
Xenon fog lights
All interior LED
S8 rims 9x20"
Stage II tune
S8 Grill