View Single Post
Old 18th July 2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
Its in my top 3 best ever Audis to drive. (Along side C6 RS6 and C6 S6)

The convertible has a low centre of gravity, so it handles shockingly well, combined with the V8 manual its a really fun car, especially with the roof down.

Boot space is pretty good, quattro 4 wheel drive. Mine had Sat nav, bluetooth, cruise and heated seats which are all retrofittable.

Split grill B6 looks a bit more dated than the big grill B7, but from inside the cabin you can't see that anyway.

They suffer from a handful of issues. Engine timing chain failure is the big one. Rust and roof issues are common across all the A4 Cabriolets, and the wings are Cab specific, and not available as pattern parts, so not cheap to replace.

But a lot of S4 cabs for sale will be suffering all or some of these issues. At least Pauls advert is honest.

I imagine the RS4 Cab he's just got is quite something.....

For contrast, the S5 cab isn't half as special. Sure its more modern, more toys, but the V8 makes this cab come alive. The 3.0Tfsi has some great cracks and pops with the DSG box, but its got no soul. Very clinical in contrast....

I'm going to shut up now, I seen to have diluted another car for sale thread....
You're really not helping! I have a holiday to pay for!

I posted up here a while ago about getting a cabby, I do have a thing for all the B6 & B7 models and I've always resisted driving a S4 cabby because I know I'd love it and reach for the credit card!

Plus I've caught red leather disease from my D2!

2002 D2 S8 - Avus Silver, Valcona red leather, Dark Myrtle wood inserts, Heated rear seats, Heated windscreen, Auto dim rear view mirror, Bose, Xenon Plus, Servotronic, Extended leather, Heat & UV Reflective glass & Ski hatch. Gearbox went bang but she's sleeping safely away.