View Single Post
Old 8th August 2017, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
That Senator, same colour as the one I had (1988). I agree, one of the best car's I've had. It's worth repeating how similar they are to the D3's. Just look at it against your signature picture
I went to Northern Ireland with my mate a couple or three years ago to look at buying a 'mint' manual Senator after exchanging 20+ emails with the vendor, a very rare beast in manual as I had never seen one before but was assured it was 100% genuine. On arriving I met another mate at Larne and walked over to the Asda car park where the car was waiting for my arrival. It looked low...very low, a quick shuffty underneath revealed a set of lowered springs Then under the bonnet revealed the remainder of the automatic gear selector cables. That was enough for us, we were out. Only problem was the guy had driven 60 miles to get to the ferry and wasn't happy and wanted compensation. My mate's 6'3" and built like the proverbial brick s**thouse so he decided enough was enough and told the guy to get on his bike. That's when the s**t hit the fan and a Transit van with 3 bears arrived like a scene out of the Sweeney. They jumped out the van and they took a look at the size of my mate and decided to jump back in the van and leg it before WW3 started...:ROFL

What I couldn't believe was just how small it was compared to the A8.

Nite Blue 3.0L SE Quattro