View Single Post
Old 14th June 2017, 01:30 PM

Bridgestone on my parents Lexus suffered significant cracking in the tread grooves, as they aged. I wasn't happy with their condition so I swapped them to Dunlop IIRC

Contis in 20" fitment seem to wear extremely quickly - also did on our A6. Both suffered uneven wear not seen with other tyres. These were sc3 and sc5

I've been happy with Michelin overall but if you're not then I'd go Goodyear - I'm considering them for the Golf when it needs new rubber as they're significantly cheaper.

I had at least 16k miles out of the PS2s I had before the super sports which aside from the odd wear issue on the inner edge still had 5mm of tread when I sold the car with circa 14k on them at that point.

Depends what your expectations are for tyre life and how you use the car (lots of town work or heavy accel/braking will all create much quicker wear than plodding up and down the motorway every journey)

Adrian

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC