Thread: Broadband Speed
View Single Post
Old 5th March 2019, 09:36 AM

Interesting reading. I do wonder how 5G masts are going to make me feel.

https://www.aaemonline.org/emf_rf_position.php

Quote:
For over 50 years, the American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) has been studying and treating the effects of the environment on human health. In the last 20 years, our physicians began seeing patients who reported that electric power lines, televisions and other electrical devices caused a wide variety of symptoms.

By the mid 1990's, it became clear that patients were adversely affected by electromagnetic fields and becoming more electrically sensitive. In the last five years with the advent of wireless devices, there has been a massive increase in radiofrequency (RF) exposure from wireless devices as well as reports of hypersensitivity and diseases related to electromagnetic field and RF exposure.

Multiple studies correlate RF exposure with diseases such as cancer, neurological disease, reproductive disorders, immune dysfunction, and electromagnetic hypersensitivity.
I am no hypochondriac and usually a massive skeptic about how well these things are tested before rollout, due to the potential litigation issues involved (esp. in the lawyer-happy USA) but I definitely was getting discomfort from the router. I mean, why else would I, myself an IT geezer, turn down faster wifi?

Last edited by J i m s t e r; 5th March 2019 at 10:14 AM.