View Single Post
Old 29th October 2012, 05:37 PM

I have just email gendan regarding buying a vagcom for both my cars..... a 2002 S8 and a 2011 GTD Golf. The advice I recieved back was as follows........ it might help clarify a few things in this thread.......

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your email.
We do offer a couple of different interface options for VCDS, however given the cars you've mentioned, you'd need to go for the HEX-USB+CAN interface package:
http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCHU.html

This supports all VAG cars with a 16-pin diagnostic port, so from around 1996 right up to brand new models being produced now. You get free software updates for the life of the cable, so if you stick with VAG when you replace your cars, the package will continue to support them.
The software updates are free downloads from the Ross-Tech website, and if you’re using the package on an internet connected PC, it will actually let you know automatically when updates are available and will offer to download and install them for you.

The license is an electronic dongle device inside the cable, so you can install the software on as many computers as you like – it will only work on the machine that the cable is connected to at the time.
I hope that helps!