View Single Post
Old 15th September 2017, 06:17 PM

Yes, it may be possible, but may also not be needed. I've had a look through the wiring diagrams and coding / adaptation channels for the modules involved. What I've found out is that the door handles are connected to both J518 module (Access / Start Auth.) and its relevant door module (driver, pass., RR, RL). Each door handle has an aerial and touch sensor. It seems that the aerial wires go to J518 and the touch sensor to the door module.

It's more than likely that the touch sensor(s) are at fault, it is well documented. Unfortunately pulling a fuse will take out a whole system and therefore not recommended.

I have a suggestion to remove all touch sensors by physically disconnecting the wire by removing the pin at the door handle or at the door module, whichever is easier.
Pin 3 - Gray Black at each handle
Pin C12 - Gray Black at front door modules
Pin B7 - Gray Black at rear door modules
This will allow KESSY to work, along with driver identity and the start button, but locking only by the key-fob. It may introduce an open circuit fault at the door modules. But that's better than a flat battery!

You could reintroduce each switch one by one until you find the fault and can then replace it.

As I said earlier that KESSY can be coded out, but here the problem is with the touch sensor that is connected to the door module. Should someone want to code KESSY out you will loose function of the start button and driver identity. Furthermore, the driver identity module has component protection so there is a tiny chance CP may kick in.

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,

Last edited by mattylondon; 18th September 2017 at 09:22 AM. Reason: updated pins