View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:00 AM

Well apart from being quite a mucky job I thought it was well worth it, I knew the upper inlet manifold was dirty as sin after cleaning my anti shudders. So I decided to fit a nice clean upper manifold and port it a little at the same time. Sourced a upper intake manifold off ebay off a 2014 porsche cayenne, basically the same part which was a lot cleaner than mine. Used jeyes bbq cleaner and a pressure washer to get all the gunk off great stuff btw. Next step was to port the inlet ports on the manifold after the antishudders with a draper multitool. I didnt take too much off just so the casting had gone and was smooth, then washed. Next part was fitting, egrs are closed and mapped out so I had gaskets ready and egrs blank plates from darkside developments (theres no documentation of this I just had to take measurements and compare with what they had on they're site). I removed the manifold and fitted the new one with the egr plates and plated the egr outlet port under the manifold. Then fitted the manifold and bolted back together. Once refitted feels a lot better knowing that theres only going to be pcv going through the manifold now. Took a little bit of prep work but id say it's worth it.

Last edited by jonnypym123; 27th March 2023 at 07:00 PM.