View Single Post
Old 5th January 2017, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
Why are you giving up on dealer tools.

It's my understanding that anyone can setup an account to have Geko access.

I believe that is law as well. Manufacturers are meant to allow independent repair shops that same level of diagnostic ability to prevent a monopoly on fixing cars.

If you stick with dealer tools with online access you can adapt new electronic parts to cars and remove the component protection.

If your not continuing Geko subscription due to cost then Vcds would be my next logical choice.

There is also vague can pro and arbrites commander the later can also remove CP but in an offline way which I guess Vag would disapprove of.

The last two tools I only know of buy have no experience using so recommend you do some investigation
I think we were using ODIS, I'm not 100% sure how it all worked.

Cost effectiveness may be one of the reasons, us 'ground staff' don't get told too much I'm afraid.

Ultimately all we would need to be able to do is just to reset Service lights. Since we won't have access to anymore VAG technical information, support, or mechanical repair procedures, it puts us behind a little.

Sean

A8/S8 - A gap to fill.

Multi-Franchise Main Dealer during the day, Amateur vehicle enthusiast by night.