View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcjd View Post
I know it's quite some years since these posts, but......
I am (was) just looking at possibly getting a parrot Bluetooth model (9200) as my old parrot stopped working when the old analogue tv was replaced with a digital tv tuner.
Now I've read your posts this could be why? I've been educated!
Although I have the Audi phone module built into the car, I've replaced it once and then that one failed, so, I've now by-passed it so the MMI system still works.
I didn't realise the old parrot I had would have (possibly) been connected via the tv tuner, but, it makes perfect sense as to why my old parrot hasn't worked since.
The main reason I'm writing this is that I didn't realise the old (non Bluetooth) Audi telephone unit was directly replaceable with a Bluetooth one?
Has anyone done this and do you recall how much you paid for a 2nd hand one?
Hi mate:
Forget the parrot in the D3, it's not possible to fit in.
Parrot handsfree is designed to be inserted between the ISO connectors of the car and the ones of the stereo music, that is, parrot has a dedicated amplifier (not very powerful, must be honest) that is used to feed the 4 channel output. So, it works fine with a "standard" car (4 channel speakers, without amplifiers nor fiber optics), but not in our complex - 12 channel - amplified - fiber optics A8/s8.
I know very well this handsfree, I have fitted both mki 9100 in my other 2 cars. Sounds fine (except the power output that is very poor), but nothing compared with the factory fitted sound system of the D3.

If you want a good bluetooth handsfree / Bluetooth stereo, buy a Fiscon handsfree in Kufatec
https://www.kufatec.com/en/all-produ...i-mmi-2g-37196

Hope that it helps. Best regards
Audi S8 D3 Facelift 2008. Phantom black pearl effect, Ceramic Brakes, 20 x 9J ‘7-arm twin-spoke’ design polished rims, ACC, Auxiliary heater, Side assist, Rear & side electrical blinds, Audi Parking System Advanced, Power boot, Soft close, Kessy, Auto dimming mirrors, Solar sunroof with photovoltaic cells, Bluetooth and Mobile phone with handset, Side & rear laminated glass, Leather & trim package 3, Bose 6000, Audi Music Interface, Digital TV & Radio, TPMS, Rear Climatronic, Front confort seats heated, ventilated & massage, Heated & electrically adjustable rear seats, Through-load facility, Tyre Mobility System & 19" spare wheel, Fridge, Alcantara package, Homelink, External lighting package.

Wish list: B&O sound system, Rear ventilation + massage, RSE, MMI remote