View Single Post
Old 13th January 2018, 10:25 AM

That's how I used to deal with things when I was full time coach driving. I'd take 60+ people away for a week or three, hold their hands and learn their inside leg measurements, bring them back home, and then the next morning start over with a fresh load.
Mind some rather strange things happened, most of which must remain in the memory box.
One odd one was after rescuing a stranded coachload from Yugoslavie shortly before the troubles there I became quite friendly with a couple of families from Exeter. Two years later I arrived home from Switzerland to find that Gwen had had a phone call from the daughter of one of them to ask if she could drive up to see us, G agreed and arranged a date for when I was home. The next day this girl arrived with her boyfriend in tow, introduced him to me, then asked me if he was good enough for her.
God knows what was behind that.

The strange life of a long distance coach driver/tour manager.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)