View Single Post
Old 30th June 2017, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanker View Post
For the rear ones I couldn't push anything DOWN because the tops of the drains are so far back under the roof that I couldn't see them, never mind get to them. So it meant sliding the rear bumper back and pushing a wire UP the drains to clear them.
Access may be easier through the boot, rather than pulling the bumper?
Right hand side is easy to get to as you can see the tube (usually blue) in front of the battery going into the drain fitting.
Take a small container (margarine pot size) and pull it out of the fitting and drain into the container.

Then clean out the drain fitting with wire or air or whatever.

Left hand side a bit more complicated due to entertainment gear - you'll need to pull the CD changer and anything above it (or maybe the frame, can't remember how I did mine).

Just check the boot under floor areas for water (mine was full of water when it happened to me). It can drown the BOSE amp (where fitted) and parking sensor ECU.

If you do pull the bumper, you can fix the drain permanently with a Stanley Knife

Marty

Replacement head coming arrived thanks to MJ
Silver with Black interior. All features as the '01, with the 'S' mode auto shifter. Dodgey rear tint (need to find a way to get rid of that).
Family:
2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R Design
- has a louder more obnoxious exhaust than the S8, sounds great! Love this thing - Q7 was double the price, and certainly not double the car!

Sold:
1997 Audi A4
- Hamilton's Club Sport, Achat Grey (will miss the old girl)

Last edited by 27litres; 30th June 2017 at 11:49 PM.