View Single Post
Old 30th October 2021, 06:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Which begs the question, actually, what would the RNS or Symphony sound like with decent aftermarket amp and speakers? An aftermarket dongle which can play FLAC through the cd changer port might actually yield decent results and look OE.

Hmm...
That's true and dependant on the DAC those units use, but with the Android you can get wireless carplay and android auto, you can get noise cancelling aps that make the car even more quiet inside, TPMS, front and rear camera all in the radio, digital TV and so on... all these options need weighing up.

Also the plastic finish/colour/surface is a perfect match with the climate control plastic so it looks perfect. The RNSE has a different finish so it always bugged me

I started researching getting the right android .apk's to get the radio to display to FIS..

Getting dynamic reverse camera projection lines is also just a matter of making the radio read off the steering wheel angle sensor...

I have all these ideas for the car but I keep it on a farm, im very limited in terms of what I can do because of Welsh wheather haha.

I have also just bought another 2 din facelift stereo cage, I will use it to create a proper set of brackets to mount the radio perfectly in it with bolts and rivnuts. Currently it sits on about 6-7 layers of sound deadning matt which doesn't help the panel gaps between the radio and the fascia and cooling too.

Once I have it down to perfection I will publish all the dimensions and sizes of everything.

Last edited by Ronin; 30th October 2021 at 06:16 PM.