View Single Post
Old 21st February 2018, 01:49 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfilias View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHemRGEXwIk

This guy also echo's my sentiments. The BTC network is getting pretty tough on mining. BCH / UNIT / LCC may work out better and arguably at some point if there's another rush on Bitcoin and the miners on ebay soar there's potential there too....However at the current price I'll not be buying, definitely not for the end of March!

You'd probably do better to by some BTC / BCH and hodl and go for whatever comes next....
I agree. I wouldn't recommend mining instead of investing. I mine to supplement my investments. You can definitely make more (over the same period) by investing in the right cryptocurrencies than you can by using the funds to buy mining hardware. Although, it goes without saying that you shouldn't invest more than you can afford to lose.

I think the guy in the video missed a couple of points (though admittedly I didn't watch the entire video). The first being that there are so many sha256 miners out there already, including some massive mining farms, that I think it will take many months and lots of batches before the hash rate increases by a significant percentage from what's already online. And, secondly, you have to take into account the regulatory effect that difficulty has on the price and vice versa. If mining becomes unprofitable because the price is low and/or difficulty is high, miners will either hold (stop selling) or stop mining. The latter will cause a reduction in difficulty while the former will tend to cause an increase in price.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust