Thread: Solar sun roof
View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
No, the D2 had nothing in it. Some of the very early ones had the loom that ran half way up the A pillar, but non of the sunroof trays have wiring.

But, the solar panel and metal roof were virtually identical. The solar roof has basically two metal contacts that make contact at the very front of the worm drive rail cover. The cover was the only difference on the D2, and each side was bolt on/bolt off held on by a handful of T20 bolts.

You could swap the whole tray, but its a pita to drop the headlining properly, and officially you need to remove the rear windscreen to get it out as Audi deemed the passenger door method (D2) put too much strain on the material and would crease it.

Then, you have to be uber meticulous about reinstalling it all to prevent squeaks which are particularly annoying at head level.

If the D3 is like the D2 and could be done in situ, you could save a lot of time. I don't have a D3 handy at the moment to look at....

The only good reason I can think of for removing a head liner, is to install an alcantara one
My sunroof is broke. It wont close unless you force it. Even opening it is a pain.

I'll take a look at mine and see about the contacts removal for future people.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.