View Single Post
Old 1st January 2023, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
Wondering if we should start a sweepstake on how flawless this car ends up being.... The concept of MJ selling on a car thats less than perfect is quite a new one....
I hate to disappoint, but plans are already afoot for it to leave as a running project Its not economically viable for me to do a complete restoration on it, but its perfect for a capable DIYer looking for something at the bottom end of the market which they can work on over time.

I basically bought a leather dash which happened to be delivered in an S8. If the shipping crate is still usable afterwards, thats just gravy

I put a temporary TCU in it this morning so it could move, and drove it outside for a bath. Cleaned up and under the workshop lights I'd swear its volcano black because its an anthracite grey, a stage or two darker than dolphin, but the paint code says ebony pearl It may be because the lacquer is quite dull and needs a good polish.

The bodywork is in pretty good condition considering its just been abandoned for six years. No etching like there was on Paul's FE, but some awkward corrosion in places. Some round the antenna grommet, a bit on one of the rear doors, and some on the A pillar from a careless windscreen fitter

The usual catastrophe on the fuel door

Its had a cover or tarp on it at some point, which has prevented etching but which has damaged the lacquer in a few places. Luckily this all disappears when wet so it'll likely polish out.

Some paintwork and a week with Nicola would have this looking superb, but the new owner is happy to take all that on so I shall be content with simply cleaning the salt off.

Interestingly, the screen is a genuine Audi item with the thermal coating on it, so it may still be a heated one. I'll know for certain when the headlining comes out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	034.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	29163   Click image for larger version

Name:	035.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	29164   Click image for larger version

Name:	036.jpg
Views:	498