View Single Post
Old 29th September 2017, 06:25 PM

When i put together my AMD rig I only did benchmarks for DaggerDecred on Nicehash miner as it was the most profitable thing at the time and it AMD cards were running it 99% of the time so I did not want to waste time benchmarking everything else and also in the testing phase with couple of cards it was crashing while benchmarking some of the algorithms. Yesterday on Nicehash statistics I noticed that AMD cards were spending considerable amount of mining Equihash, X11Ghost and CryptoNight. So I ran Benchmarks for them as well and Nicehash switched to Equihash with about 15% increase in income and 15% drop in power consumption. GTX's were also doing well about £6 per day on Equihash instead of regular £4.5 but are down again today. AMD keep switching between Dagger Decred and CryptoNight today, not much difference in income but CryptoNight have almost 30% less power consumption so sometimes it would be better to run CryptoNight instead of Dagger Decred even if it brings a little less as it also costs less to run. I wish there was extra options in Nicehash to enter your power usage and electricity cost so that it can make more informed decisions what to mine and even better yet if it had option to enter different prices for different time like for Economy 7 tariff during night or if you were running off solar power during day. I guess if you were running large scale you could monitor and make changes yourself or employ somebody else to do it for you but for couple of rigs it's not worth the effort for couple of quid per day.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure