View Single Post
Old 5th October 2019, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
A mate of mine has a hybrid Golf and that seems to be quite competent with decent electric range (30 miles or so) and good performance if you have to switch to petrol (1.4).

Not sure which model it is exactly (GTE maybe?) or even if it's available any more though as they seem to be going pure electric.
I'm with Ian on the GTE (and Hybrids generally) - they're a very poor compromise, and do neither job properly. And buying one now is economically about as sensible as buying a new diesel, as they're yesterday's technology, and the depreciation on them will hit anyone who buys one very hard in their pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post

I love Audis. I do. They're great, but I missed the character of the D2. I wanted a soul, a personality that made the car feel alive again - and not just a tool.

The Tesla does that - Its a great car - But, its the little things, the toy box, the games, the silly stuff, that humanises the otherwise complex machine.
Which is why I'm a happy bunny driver : lucky enough to have both - as well as a lovely little Fiat Coupe 20vt to play with when the sun is shining

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.