View Single Post
Old 25th February 2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
I think I need to get in staking as well, that's the part I have not tried yet, just need to decide the which coins to stake. What are the HDD space requirements for the coins you are staking and how fast is the space used growing?

It did not work exactly as described there as it was for S7 and there was no config data in cgminer.sh file but it did tell to use config.conf file in there so I found config.conf file using WinSCP but it's only my pools in there, no dev pools or anything else relating to fee mining. It's probably burried somewhere in the code before compiling so will be difficult to find.

It's about £108 for me, you might want to shop around for another electricity supplier.

Found this site showing miner profitability, also lists some miners I was not aware about before. https://www.asicminervalue.com/

CryptoNight price have gone well down on MRR as well so I need to switch AMD GPU rigs over to ETH which means finding new GPU settings as they just crash at the current settings used for CryptoNight. Eth mining also requires larger power consumption but extra heat would be welcome in this cold spell of weather.

Bitmain released new batch of L3+ at a bit lower price, I am tempted to buy 1 or 2 more and possibly sell S9 as the L3+ is lower power consumption and lower noise but on the other hand don't want too much eggs in one basket.

Speaking of which I finally got building blocks in the size I wanted to build shelving units for miners. There is a picture below to give you idea what it would look like. It will be 5 holes high with space for 2 miners and 2 PSU's on each shelf. Front and back will be closed with mdf probably lined with multifoil insulation like used for house insulation or car soundproofing https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YBS-Super...IfmBWmXiq1_w9A or https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3m-GlassM...QAAOSwIzNXPG9R
At the front side horizontal block will be cut so that it only closes sides and fron part will be all joined in one plenum chamber, air will supplied at the front through 1x12" or 2x8" ducts and fans from outside about 2000-3000CFM. At the back there will be 1x 5" exhaust going out for each miner and 4.5" adapter on the back of each miner freely going in the exhaust vent with a bit of gap around it and hopefully drawing a bit of air around it as well providing better ventilation for the whole setup and helping to keep PSU's cool as well. Exhaust ducts will be just venting in the garage to keep it warm for now, possibly adding another 12" exhaust fan from the garage later down the line, if it's too hot in summer they will go to the outside of garage. Power sockets and Ethernet switch will be located inside the unit as well. Front MDF will be made into door hinged for ease of access and sealed with rubber foam seals.

Maybe I should get in hydroponics as well, heating and ventilation will be there already, just need to add some lightning and growing arrangements

Nice find on the Asic site, bit annoyed to see both my s9 and l3+ are not the quicker models despite buying them after the release of the faster ones directly from Bitmain.

I am also thinking about the L3's, would need to off load the s9's or find somewhere else to put them. I did consider coalition but not found a place with cheap enough costs yet.

So what you gonna be growing in the hydroponics, its a good idea, like you said your already half way there so you might as well.