View Single Post
Old 13th February 2019, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
A bit drastic but can understand your frustration.

As a baseline for how a well behaved car and good battery performs on a 8

We just came back from holidays, car was parked for 4 weeks, blinking alarm light was still operational, doors unlocked via comfort access and mmi showed 100%

It started like it was parked up few hours before.

Now that said I've been where you are so stick with it, you'll get there and then you can enjoy the car like you should.
Haha yeah it was more of a joke than anything else, although i must admit the thought have crossed me

I've had the car going on 5years now so i know how long they should last =(

Buuuut yeah, yesterday i swaped the alternator and i understood it wasn't the problem i reconnected the positive pole on the battery when i was done with the job and it struck an big arch(with ignition and all consumers SHOULD have been off). Anyways, drove home 17:30 ish and all working system wise and chariing 13.8V on over the terminals on the battery.

Today 6:45 ish on the morning it was drained again, to the point where the starter only clicks when i try to start. So something else is wrong, have to tear off the right front passenger door panel and have a look at the connectors for the door handle and if there OK i'll get hold of a new handle
BI-Xenon Headlights, Keyless, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI, 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Seat Memory on Both Sides, Heated / Cooled Sport Front Seats, Electrically Adjustable Rear & Heated Rear Seats Alacantra roofliner, Exterior LED Package, Lane Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control & Heated Steeringwheel ++.