View Single Post
Old 18th April 2019, 11:17 AM

Default All sorted (I think)

DS Autowerks in Crawley had a look at my car yesterday after all of my recent troubles with the fuel pump. The fuel tank/pump seals were on back order for a while and for the last month or so, I've had the annoying situation where I cannot fill the tank due to petrol peeing out of the top of the pump assembly due to the dodgy/broken seal(s). Further to this, I've also not been using the accelerator too much as anything over 2,500-3000rpm resulted in a sudden waft of petrol vapour from the boot area. Plus, I run out of fuel at around 3 segments full on the fuel gauge. In effect, I've had half a tank of range, coupled with the Prius phenomenon of range anxiety. There was additionally a slight hesitancy when tapping on the accelerator pedal lightly when pulling away.

Well, after some lengthy action in the boot yesterday, my car now doesn't smell of petrol. Fuel pump seals all replaced (£120 for about 5 seals and a clip) and she's back to her old self. Pick-up is back to normal and no more petrol vapour when giving the V8 a squirt! I am very happy with the work done. The acid test will be when I hit that 3rd segment on the fuel gauge - suffice to say, I already have a petrol can at the ready in the boot - although I think it's all fixed now to my complete satisfaction.