View Single Post
Old 28th January 2019, 09:33 AM

Default And so it continues

Car gave out again last night 5 miles from home, exactly the same symptoms where I suffered from loss of power and then the engine eventually stalled. Whilst waiting for the recovery lorry (thanks to the RAC for thinking logically and sending the lorry instead of a man in a van), I had some time to think about the situation and did some investigation into various forum posts on the tinterweb.

Full tank of fuel in the car. I suspect that it might be the main fuel pump on the horseshoe fuel tank on the A8. Those were the ramblings of a cold and hungry man so please correct me if I'm wrong on that front. The car did start on a few occasions by running lumpy for 5 seconds before dropping to 200-300 rpm and then stalling. Prior to this, there was one slight hesitation of a tenth of a second after starting to drive away from my mate's house and a big loss of power when I 'squirted' it a bit at a slip road.

Words will be had with the garage - that's the second time in a week that I've spent an evening in my car in the freezing cold; not impressed.

Last edited by johnny_quattro; 28th January 2019 at 09:59 AM. Reason: SPAG