A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior

D2 - Interior Seats, dashboards, plastics, ventilation everything inside the cabin

Old 6th November 2013, 04:48 AM

Default Fridge/cooler removal.

Hi chaps.

Does anyone know how to remove the fridge/cooler behind the rear seats in an S8? I never use mine and I could do with the extra boot space. From looking at it, it looks like I may have to remove the rear seats but I hope not as that's pain.

Thanks

Steve
Old 6th November 2013, 06:08 AM

Hi Steve, rear seats out is a 5 - 10 min job, the squab comes out and then the back comes forward. I think the fridge will come out through the boot, it's either screwed or rivited.

Are you getting rid altogether i.e. you'd like to see it go into a classic D2 (like mine), or it's coming out on retention to go back when boot space is not needed? Depending where you are i could help you remove it.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 6th November 2013, 06:41 AM

Hi Dezzy.

One other reason I'm taking it out is that is doesn't work. It doesn't get cool at all and the fan makes one hell of a din. Thanks for the offer of help but unless you are coming to Dubai in the next week or two I wouldn't bother.
Old 6th November 2013, 07:07 AM

Ah i see, a little out the way of my normal commute it's ture. Shame as they are rare over here, not really needed but it's one of those things, monkey see monkey want.

Bright yellow bus o love.