A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 23rd April 2014, 09:57 AM

Default Insurance time again

I was depressed about my renewal quote of £595, approx. £50 up from last year for no good reason. Having tried the usual suspects, Admiral, LV, etc, many of which would not quote because a LHD manual S8 did not exist on their database as a car that exists, I was ready to accept I painted myself into a corner having chosen to import a weird LHD car.
Searching on AudiSRS for other insurers, I gave Chris Knott and Sky insurance a try, and got two impressive quotes, £535 from Chris, and a shocking £430 from Sky, which I happily accepted. That's with mods declared. Just goes to show, its definitely worth to ring as many as possible.
Old 23rd April 2014, 10:34 AM

I've just done mine too, i had my insurers drop from 350 to 296 with no hassle. Obviously i'm an A and not woth anything. Always ring round and use them against each other. I've also found that some years full comp and 3rd party are pretty much the same price and other years 3rd party is around half the price of fully comp.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 23rd April 2014, 10:43 AM

Premiums should, on average, be falling compared to last year on like for like, as noted here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25911637

Haggling and shopping around is always worth it, but using this line is a good start...
Old 24th April 2014, 06:07 AM

I only paid £199 last year for my 3.7 D2 with business use included. I'll find out in June how much they want for the D3.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles
Old 24th April 2014, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Premiums should, on average, be falling compared to last year on like for like, as noted here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25911637

Haggling and shopping around is always worth it, but using this line is a good start...
I should have mentioned that news item. I did know about it that's why I was confused that the renewal quote went up instead of down.

I think anything around £200 is a good price for insurance £430 still seems a bit much to me. That's £35/month.