A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 15th August 2013, 09:02 AM

Default MMI and Nav upgrade

Hi Folks,

Whats the best / correct procedure for doing the above.

Is there no no's, can do's etc that I should know about.

Noticed last night that large sections of the road I was driving on was missing from the Nav.
Old 15th August 2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggisuk View Post
Hi Folks,

Noticed last night that large sections of the road I was driving on was missing from the Nav.
Was that on your way back from the pub?
Old 15th August 2013, 12:56 PM

I'm not sure it's necessary to update the core systems of the vehicle in order to update the navigation. I believe any firmware change to the navigation system is included with a new navigation DVD. Certainly the car I installed a disc into at Audis In The Park on Sunday ran through some updates when we installed a 2013 map update DVD.

Assuming you have MMI 2G high with a navigation DVD drive hidden behind the panel in the boot on the left side as you look at it I can supply an up to date navigation map DVD that will update the firmware for the nav as well.

PM me if interested.

Adrian

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 15th August 2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
Was that on your way back from the pub?
Haha not quite, when I have a skinfull the homing beacon is auto activated and I find my way home without really knowing how I got there.
Old 15th August 2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
I'm not sure it's necessary to update the core systems of the vehicle in order to update the navigation. I believe any firmware change to the navigation system is included with a new navigation DVD. Certainly the car I installed a disc into at Audis In The Park on Sunday ran through some updates when we installed a 2013 map update DVD.

Assuming you have MMI 2G high with a navigation DVD drive hidden behind the panel in the boot on the left side as you look at it I can supply an up to date navigation map DVD that will update the firmware for the nav as well.

PM me if interested.

Adrian
Cheers man, I'll have to have a look as I have no idea where its at in the car.
Old 15th August 2013, 01:43 PM

Neither did we when we were looking on Sunday! Had to RTFM in the end!!

If you've got a panel on the left with some plastic fasteners, undo them a quarter turn and there should be a PC sized DVD drive in the top corner

If it's hard drive based you'll have the more fancy MMI toggle with a little joystick on top

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 15th August 2013, 08:42 PM

Replaced my nav disc today. £25, pop it in, piece of cake :-)
Old 15th August 2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
Replaced my nav disc today. £25, pop it in, piece of cake :-)
Get next year's from me, even cheaper

Old 19th August 2013, 09:07 AM

Default Confused and worried now.

OK I'm always after the latest and greatest as far as bells and whistles are concerned and update the hell out everything tech.

But after reading some horror storys about mmi updates going bad I am now concerned that there's a possibilty of killing the mmi.

So I phoned Norwich Audi today to see about them doing the upgrade on the thought that the disks would be genuine and if it went pear shaped they would be obliged to sort it out.

So spoke to them about it and was told that my car doesn't need any updates and they wont sell or provide disks even if there was an update needed.

My current software version is D3-HU 34.6.0 0647

I am of the understanding that the latest 2g mmi software is 5570?

If that's true what things are different to the version I am running now, and does it have any impact on other modules like B&O system etc?

Has anyone updated there's from the version I am running?

Thanks

Del
Old 7th November 2013, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
Get next year's from me, even cheaper
Il take one please pm me bank info il transfer funds and give you the address