A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Generic A8 / S8 forums > A8 / S8 Generic Posts

A8 / S8 Generic Posts All other useful info

Old 15th March 2009, 08:15 PM

Default Roadkill Tales

So come on then , what have we taught a lesson to on the motorway, or even vice versa. I'll get the ball rolling...

First off it was a friend from sixth form, his 1.8 Focus was the talk of the college and he challenged me to a drag along the motorway, he didn't know mine was a 4.2 V8, someone told him it was 'probably' a 1.8. I flew past him like he was going backwards on the slip road and then down the motorway, much fun, and bragging rights when we got back to sixth form

Second one was not so good I'm afraid, my brother in law was in the 335D. The S8 holds its own, maybe slightly ahead but eventually the 335 does seem to pull away quite hard, I really did try,but god 335s are quick, and thats before a remap!

P.S I don't want to come across as I race around at stupid irresopnsible speeds all the time, in fact. I'm quite light footed most of the time, these were just one offs, and the conditions were allways safe etc...
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 15th March 2009, 08:22 PM

My favourite has to be the Maserati I slaughtered a long time ago.

Was returning from a visit to Poole, along the twisty A350, which I knew extraordinarily well.

He was in front, and was trying to get away, throughout the 30 minutes I was behind him. Only to find that my beauty was still sat there, lurking

Eventually, he started to make stupid, dangerous, maneouvers, which I let him do. I still caught him up, when it was safe to do so. We then got to the dual carriageway, just south of Warminster, where he pulled over, and just let me by So satisfying

A8OC Founder

The A8 Owners Club here
Old 6th April 2009, 02:32 PM
harpersimon

ok bare in mind I only have 2.8 - but plenty of get up and see you later at the lights.
Bracknell, A322 passed the sports centre, coming off the round about at about 15mph a golf loaded up with knobbers came thrashing up the inside, big alloys, loads of spoilers, home made tinted windows, you get the sketch. I was with a mate just cruising about, and as I caught them in the mirror and then along side exclaimed 'Oh no you don't..' - booted it to the floor (not expecting too much) got a kick as it dropped 3 gears or so and sent me hurlting off down the dual carriageway. When i stopped at the end for the next roundabout, 2 more amusing/satisfying indicents - 1. My mate had managed to contain the starbucks I forgot he was trying to drink and had poised to his lips when I dopped it, and 2. the golf drew up alongside , passenger window dropped and a spotty teen gave me the thumbs up, and grunted 'Nice one mate.. you 'ad us'

Oh, and my MPG dropped under 20. Don't often see that :-)
Old 5th July 2009, 09:36 PM

One of them new Polo GTIs behind me today on a country lane, I was in the S8 and put my foot right down, couldn't loose him. Just couldn't get no distance on him no matter how hard I tried, we both went over 100...kph. How annoying!
Nice chap though, I done my hazzards before he turned off and he gave me a flash.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
Old 6th July 2009, 06:59 AM
entwisi

one of my old cars - Mk1 2Litre Triumph Vitesse

For those who are under 40 you may not know what one loks like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tr...Mint_Green.jpg is something like what mine looked like i.e. rusty

what people don't realise when they pull up alongside is that under the bonnet is a lovely 2 liter straight 6 mated to a gearbox so low geared that flat out in top is about 110. what this means is that acceleration is amazing for something this old. IIRC Autocar used to list it in their past masters section as it was faster 40-80 than both a sierra cossie and a 911!

Anyway, sat at the lights on a 3 lane carriageway some lads in their then spanking new XR3is and an RS 1600i pulled alongside and started planning their own little drag away from the lights.....

The look on their faces at the next lights when they pulled up from well behind me was ace!

"little old grandad car wasted my new RS1600 Daddy, can I have something faster?"

one bit of fun we had was in a part time job I had in a factory making chemicals. we used to use Nitrous in some stuff, so I told teh bosses son ( who ponced about in Mummies XR3 Cab ) how it would make it much faster... he used to pour a litre bottle in his tank then go screaming off everywhere. 2 months later he was driving a banger. Turned out he had melted the pistons
Old 22nd August 2009, 01:33 AM

I just really badly cut up a Subaru on a roundabout, my fault entirely. I gave him a flash of the hazard to say sorry when he came behind me but he decided to tailgate me then as I proceeded to follow the speed limit he overtook and sped off in front of me making a lot of horrible noise. I don't usually take these Subaru/Evo things on because I know some are mental but I got annoyed and engaged my V8.. caught up and then overtook quite easily, also pulled away from a BMW 540 very easily.. Couldn't get away from a brand new Polo GTI though on a country lane although did have an engine management light on then! All in all, I'm Quite pleased with my humble S8.
Old 31st August 2009, 07:01 AM
guinea

Mate at works got a 53 plate honda type "R"....so one of the ladys i work with had her car in for service and asks could i give her a lift home which i did....so as we turned of the roundabout onto the newbury dual carriagway my work collegue comes up behind me in his type "R" so i floor it...........i have never laughed so much....we pulled away from him and he admitted he was flat out....eventully.......and mines the slower 4.2 QS....