A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 24th November 2014, 05:51 AM

Default Does anyone know this car?

After a few years in my S8 D2 PF and S8 D2 FL I decided to go after a S8 D3

I have spotted a nice example here:
http://www.fleetdirectofdoncaster.co...01411229163080

Does anyone know this car? I'm hoping that it might have belonged to a forum member in the past?

any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Old 24th November 2014, 07:17 AM

I don't recognise the car, but by the looks of it the spec isn't bad. Appears to have a Milltek exhaust or similar. Although it's got the wide DIS in the dash I don't think it's got adaptive cruise. Missing the square sensor in the front bumper

The flappy paddle extensions and headlight eyebrows are a matter of personal preference so really depends how it drives

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 24th November 2014, 06:27 PM

I have spoken to the dealership, you are right Adrian there is no adaptive cruise.
Car was in the UK in years 2006 -2009, then exported to Jersey in 2009 and imported back in 2013. Car comes with fsh, new mot and 2 years warranty.

How hard would it be to change the bose system to bang & olufsen / would it be even possible ?
Old 25th November 2014, 05:59 PM

Anything is possible but I'd say cost prohibitive purely because the dash is almost certainly different or at least requires serious remodelling. You can get a quick Google will suggest someone has done it!

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 25th November 2014, 07:10 PM

Actually the dash should be the same because the tweeters sit where the speaker grill is and its a cut down version of the normal one to allow the b and o tweeters fitment.

I believe there was a thread on here about it as the grill needed painting.

Either way it would be a massive undertaking and the wiring would be the biggest ball ache.

Have a look to see what part of the b & o wiring looks like

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7611

Old 25th November 2014, 09:00 PM

It would be good to know that the wheels are genuine Audi. Otherwise the car looks great
Old 30th November 2014, 07:48 AM

Wheels are genuine, got her yesterday.
After a 5h drive back home I was well impressed, I can’t get the smile off my face! It’s a completely different league.
The fuel consumption is a lot better than I thought; my s8 d2 and 08 mondeo 2.5t are not far behind with fuel cost.
Exhaust is not a miltek , it’s a custom made stainless steel set-up that sounds unreal. I feel so sorry 4 all my neighbours as I leave to work at 5am and get back at around 11-12pm
Old 30th November 2014, 08:48 AM

Well done - proper pics please

Where are you based?

Old 30th November 2014, 09:35 AM

South Wales, I will post some good pics once I get it detailed.

Old 30th November 2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakszajba View Post
It’s a completely different league.

Exhaust is not a miltek , it’s a custom made stainless steel set-up that sounds unreal. I feel so sorry 4 all my neighbours as I leave to work at 5am and get back at around 11-12pm
You need to be careful making statements like that on here, the dinosaurs will become unsettled

Get a video posted once you have her detailed, I'd like to hear the noise she makes

Congratulations, great choice of car

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra