A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31st December 2017, 03:56 PM

Default AMI with Tune2Air wakes itself off and battery drains...

Hi all. I installed the AMI 3 years ago, and use it with a Tune2Air Bluetooth interface. This has become a bit more troublesome of late. The AMI powers the Tune2Air, and even when the car is off and locked will occasionally power up and the Tune2Air connects to my phone while I’m sat in the house.

It has always done this a bit, but of late seems to do it more and be less reliable with my iPhone.

I’m not sure if waking up and connecting issue lies with the AMI, or the Tune2Air... My gut says the AMI should be off and not power the Tune2Air...

The reliability could be the Tune2Air or even my new iPhone....

It’s concerning because of late my battery has been wearing down quickly between using the car, and got to the point were it wouldn’t turn the engine over. I have some dicky keyless door handles too, so I’m not sure what issue is causing what... (I did have my Bosch S5 replaced under warranty - 699 CCA and 12.29 volts a day after driving 200 miles).

Since having the battery replaced the engine turns over much quicker and starts fine.

Has anyone had similar issues? Any input would be great.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.

Last edited by Johnmed; 31st December 2017 at 04:31 PM.