A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th December 2022, 10:54 AM

That green one is interesting - a very early FL without Brembos. I've only ever seen one other in that spec. That's actually a bonus because although the Brembos have larger discs, the calipers themselves are an expensive liability and don't actually work very well.

The blue one is about the going rate for one with low mileage (12-15k), but tbh the only thing you get with low mileage is less rusty subframes and springs, and less wear on the driver's thigh bolster. You get the same oil leaks and worn out rubber components as a 200k example simply from age. There's another Santorin Blue example on ebay at the moment for about £7K, with 90k miles which is a much better prospect and probably in very similar condition.

Reliability is a tricky question. If the car has been impeccably maintained then it can be reliable. I'd cross a continent in either of mine without any hesitation, but then I've replaced almost everything and drive them frequently. An example which has been neglected or laid up is going to have issues which will take time to sort out so reliability will be a moving target. D2s need to be used as well. They hate being parked, so one in daily use with less history would be at least on-par with another with lots of maintenance that lives in storage.

Most people do prefer the facelift because it does feel and look a little more modern, which is a shame because the pre-facelift has an different character of its own, but still has the magic that makes a D2 special. Arguably slightly more so since it has better quality materials inside. I can't comment on the engine yet as I've never driven mine properly.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the double-din of the facelift tbh. The RNSd is thoroughly out of date now, and its non-trivial to successfully fit an aftermarket unit in there due to peculiarities of the Bose system. That said, a couple of us have been working on fitting Android-based units in there with a suitable replacement amp, and in my case also speakers, with some good results so far. Check out Ronin's thread on that for more info. Double din is available for the PF although its rare and so relatively costly. Personally in a PF I would just fit a bluetooth adapter to the original head unit and use my phone for navigation. You can do that on the FL also of course.

Tags
d2 for sale, s8 for sale, wanted