A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th November 2011, 08:20 PM

Default S8 dead!!!

Well, as some of you know, but not all as not been long, but I had Mikes old S8. Did an engine repair and have been thoroughly enjoying S8 ownership for three months (and covered 11,000 brilliant, effortless miles in the process).

Really got attached to the car in that period but on Saturday it met its end, although, it prevented mine and that of my 2 little girls!

I was at a junction when a fella in a new Passat slammed into the '8's front corner at 45-50mph (no braking attempted, by his own admission!)

I had a concussion as I was slammed into the side window and the car is a write of but my kids were scratch free and I was fine 24hrs later. I know that in a lesser car things would have been different!
I'm gutted that my pride and Joy (and Mikes!!) is no more but I'm eternally grateful to the car and Audi's build quality that my kids are fine!
The engine and gearbox are ripped clean from the car but it was still running and managed to drag itself out of harms way from the carriageway, and if you ignore the front damage, the passenger cell is in touched! The front is 11inches out of line with the centre of the passenger cell tho! What a car!

Shows how much design and build of the car come into play when it REALLY matters! Won't be replacing it with a Fiesta I can assure you!