A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th February 2014, 02:25 PM

Default 00066 Rear Right Footwell heater

Yet another error code (or codes) on my 2005 A8 W12 that I would like some help with please?

In fact there are two of them that have existed since I bought the car two years ago but don't seem to be causing any grief other than they will not clear down. Would be nice to get them sorted though!

00066 - Rear Right Footwell Heater (Z43)
004 - No signal/Communication

00065 - Rear Left Footwell Heater (Z42)
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit - Intermittent

Thought I'd sorted the first fault with the rear right when I looked in the right hand side fusebox and found the 25A fuse in position 33 blown. Replaced it but when I started the car I thought I heard the new fuse pop? Surely enough when I checked again it had blown.

The fuse for the left rear footwell heater was OK as indicated by the error code but what can the problem be?

The control panel in the rear lights up and appears to be working OK although as the driver I have not sat in the back to see if anything is blowing through the vents…

So what might be causing the fuse to blow on the right rear footwell heater and where would I look to see what might be causing the error code on the left rear side?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Last edited by GlynH; 11th February 2014 at 02:31 PM.