A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th February 2015, 07:50 PM

Default 4.2tdi EPB fault/warning light

Hello all...

My newly acquired A8 has developed a parking brake fault ...

The EPB warning light is now permanently lit.

Also first thing in the morning the brakes feel like they're binding slightly for the first couple of minutes of driving (I'm now not applying the EPB)

I took it to a local garage that my partner's been using for years and he diagnosed a sticking caliper which he said needed replacing...

£240 plus fitting (2 hours) "plus any sensors if they're needed" I did ask him if the caliper could be taken off and freed up or recond
but he didn't want to do that ... I've found a place locallish that will do a basic recon for £30 and was wondering if anybody on here had gone down that route
as opposed to buying a replacement caliper ??

Also has anyone used one of the caliper repair kits that are available online ... What caliper maladies do they rectify and are they worth buying?

And finally!If I can't get it sorted it locally,Can anyone recommend a good Audi mechanic in the Notts /Derby/Leics area that I could get a second opinion from and that would sort the EPB for me?

Many thanks in advance